We’ve been eating a lot of salads. A lot. Our favorite is a tossup (sorry for the pun) between a classic Caesar and a mixed green salad with ranch dressing. I usually, gasp, buy our salad dressings, as we’ve found some really great ones, and I would rather focus on other parts of the meal. That being said, I do occasionally get excited to try new ones that pop into my Google Reader, like this one from Joelen’s Culinary Adventures.
This was good, and I’ve only made two changes to the recipe below. The first is adjusting the amount of buttermilk. While this recipe is for a “dressing”, the final product was more of a “dip”. I have absolutely no problem with that, as it was a perfect dip for the Oven Fried Chipotle Chicken Tenders we enjoyed with it, but if you’re looking for a dressing to toss with a salad, I would increase the amount of liquid. Though, you may be best to keep it thick, and then whisk a few tablespoons with some milk to get the consistency you like in a dressing, and then toss with your salad. The second change was simply in the time I would encourage you to wait before enjoying. The longer, the better, as far as I’m concerned.
- ¾ cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Reduced Fat Mayo with Olive Oil (Kraft)
- ½ cup. Light Sour Cream
- ½ to 1 cup Lowfat Buttermilk
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeño, minced
- ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Fresh Chives, minced
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper, freshly ground
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, garlic, jalapeno, thyme, chives, garlic powder and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for, at least, 1 hour before serving.
Servings – 16
WW Points – 1 pt per 2 Tbsp serving