November 14, 2014
- Monday: Pizza Delivery from Falbo Brothers
- Tuesday: Roasted Chicken Thighs, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and TJ’s Rice Pilaf
- Wednesday: TJ’s Mandarin Chicken with Rice and Steamed Broccoli
- Thursday: Leftover Pizza
- Friday: Chicken & Smoked Sausage Gumbo over Rice with Cornbread
- Saturday: Out for Dinner after The Lion King
November 14, 2014
- Sunday: Lighter Chicken & Dumplings
- Monday: Gnocchi with Red Sauce and Sausage, Garlic Bread, and Salads
- Tuesday: Spicy Beef Tacos, Refried Beans, Guacamole, Chips, and Salsa
- Wednesday: Take-Out from Buffalo Wild Wings
- Thursday: Out to Arby’s before Carter’s Big Brother Class
- Friday: Harvest Salad with Roasted Chicken Breasts and Pretzel Bread
- Saturday: Shrimp Cocktail, Steak, Hasselback Potatoes, Asparagus, and Rolls
November 5, 2014
- Sunday: Carter’s Birthday Party – Antipasti, Caesar Salads, Pizza, Bread-sticks, and Cold Stone Creamery Cake
- Monday: Steakhouse Baked Potatoes and Chopped Ranch Salads
- Tuesday: Easy Garlic Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Wednesday: Happy Birthday Carter! Chicken Tenders, Mac & Cheese, and Steamed Green Beans, per the birthday boy’s request.
- Thursday: Prosciutto-Wrapped Tilapia, Steamed Broccoli, and Rice Pilaf
- Friday: Halloween Dinner: Sushi from Asiana
- Saturday: Wedding Dinner – Congrats Pete & Julie
- Other Cooking & Baking: LAYERED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIES
October 27, 2014
- Sunday: Spaghetti and Meatballs with Red Sauce, Caesar Salads, and Garlic Bread
- Monday: Mac & Cheese?
- Tuesday: Pan-Crisped Salmon with Light Garlic Dijon Cream Sauce, Steamed Asparagus, and Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Wednesday: Spicy Beef Tacos
- Thursday: Rehearsal Dinner at Fox & Hounds
- Friday: Wedding Dinner – Congrats Steve & Jolene!
- Saturday: Trick-or-Treating
October 20, 2014
- Sunday: Meatloaf Muffins, Mashed Potatoes, & Steamed Green Beans and corn
- Monday: Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Biscuits & Bread
- Tuesday: Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with Steamed Carrots, and Mushroom Quinoa
- Wednesday: Loaded Steakhouse Baked Potatoes with Steamed Broccoli
- Thursday: Alfredo over Spinach Linguine topped with Cajun Spiced Shrimp and Steamed Green Beans
- Friday: Jack-O-Lantern Jaunt
- Saturday: Asian Braised Short Ribs over Rice with Stir-Fried Vegetables – These were good, but I would add a bit more soy sauce and sriracha next time as I would have liked a little more salt and spice within the final sauce.
October 12, 2014
- Sunday: Post Photo Dinner: Maxie’s Southern Comfort – Not that one needs an excuse to go to this fantastic restaurant, but on Sundays kids eat for $1, so, really, we had to go. Jim had the jambalaya, which was delicious and could easily have been 2 meals.
I had the Frogmore Stew that I eyed up on our last visit, but passed on in favor of the chicken fried chicken, which is awesome if you were wondering. Anyway, back to the stew, per the menu, it’s a mix of “Shrimp, mussels, ocean fish, house smoked chicken andouille, onion, fresh corn, and seasoned broth, served with french bread”. The flavor was rich, savory, and spicy. Surprisingly spicy actually. I mean, yes, I get it, it’s a Cajun restaurant, but I was a bit overwhelmed at the overwhelming spice of the dish. That being said, I couldn’t stop eating it, and would recommend to anyone who loves seafood, … and spice.
Carter loved his chicken tenders served with waffle fries, and carrot and celery sticks. Oh, and of course, we didn’t skip a side of the amazing White Cheddar Mac ‘n Cheese for the table to share. It’s the best.
- Monday: Chicken Enchiladas Ole, Refried Beans, Rice, Chips and Salsa. – So glad I stashed a few of these in the freezer for quick and easy weeknight meals.
- Tuesday: Shredded Beef over Pappardelle with Steamed Broccoli
- Wednesday: Crunchy-Topped Swiss Chicken Bake with Quinoa and Steamed Carrots – We’ll definately be having this again, as Jim really liked it, and I loved that it came together quickly during a busy weeknight.
- Thursday: Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells with Caesar Salads and Garlic Bread – I made these a couple weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon, and then portioned and froze for some more quck weeknight dinners … are you noticing a theme here? I will say that I adjusted the recipe slightly by using frozen chopped spinach rather than fresh and cut the cream cheese down to 1 block rather than 2.
- Friday: Pizza Delivery from Falbo Brothers – Pizza, wings, and Greek salad made for a great Friday night dinner and fabulous leftovers for the rest of the weekend.
- Saturday: Chicken Pot Pie Soup & Biscuits – While the plan was to simply make chicken pot pie, I added a bit too much stock, but can’t say that I’m mad about it. Oh, and I cheated with some biscuits from the freezer rather than scratch made since it’s becoming really, really exhausting to run errands 7 1/2 months pregnant. It’s going to be a long 10 weeks.
- Other Cooking & Baking: Quadruple Berry Muffins – I used a mix of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries adding up to 2 cups. The boys thought they were a bit on the tart side, but I love them.
October 6, 2014
- Sunday: Slowcooker Sundays: Grandma’s Roast Beef with Homemade Noodles – As you can see from the picture, we skipped the noodles in favor of some potatoes and vegetables. I also mixed together a quick gravy, that was delicious with everything on our plates, but most notably so, the beef.
- Monday: Oven-Fried Chicken, Steamed Green Beans, and Buttered Rice
- Tuesday: Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin, Steakhouse Baked Potatoes, Steamed Carrots and Asaparagus, and Fresh Bread – I picked up this pork tenderloin from our local Sendick’s. I don’t think I could be anymore in love with this new to the Lake Country area grocery store. Paired with baked potatoes and some fresh vegetables, it was a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
- Wednesday: Leftovers – Gotta love a leftovers night. It cleans out the fridge, and makes clean-up almost nonexistent. Wins all around.
- Thursday: Boboli Pizzas & Salad – This is one of Carter’s favorite meals, as he gets to help, and it’s getting to the point I’m just there to supervise. Not much beats the look of pride on his face when he tells his dad that he helped with dinner.
- Friday: Fish Fry Take-Out from the Nashotah Clubhouse – Fish, Shrimp, Fries, Potato Pancakes, and Sides. This was out first time ordering from this local restaurant, and we were very pleased with our meal. Everything was fresh and delicious. We’ll definitely be ordering fish, and trying other items from the menu, in the future.
- Saturday: Happy Birthday Elinor!