- Friday: Out for Patti’s Birthday Dinner at Butch’s Steakhouse – I hate to say this, but dinner here was mediocre at best, and I don’t see us going back any time soon. However, I do need to note that the service was nothing short of outstanding, and we really enjoyed our waitress.
- Saturday: Take-Out Pizza from O’Reilly’s Irish Pub in Stone Bank – We’ve been consistently pleased with this little pub less than 10 minutes from our house, and have enjoyed their fish fry, Broasted chicken, and, of course, pizzas along with their extensive beer selection.
- Sunday: Mexican Roasted Cod with Tomatoes & Onions – I didn’t love this with fish, as it got a bit overcooked before the vegetables got done. That being said, the flavor was nice, and I would be interested to try the same technique with chicken, or more specifically, chicken thighs.
- Monday: Leftover Chinese Take-Out from Emperor’s Kitchen
- Tuesday: Bacon & Cheddar Stuffed Chicken, Crash Hot Potatoes, and Steamed Farmers’ Market Carrots – After the success of the spinach and feta stuffed chicken, I wanted to try another variation, and figured nothing could be bad when stuffed with bacon and cheese, … I was right. The potatoes, a family favorite, and lightly steamed and seasoned carrots, from the Lake Country Farmers’ Market, were perfect sides.
- Wednesday: Turkey Burgers – A little healthier than beef, but still delicious, as I mixed browned bacon into the meat and topped with spicy cheese. I served these alongside veggies and dip, sweet potato fries, and baked breaded mushrooms.
- Thursday: “Courtesy of Costco” Dinner: Bistro Salad, Rotisserie Chicken, Scalloped Potatoes, and Fresh Multi-Grain Bread – Carter and I did an early evening Costco run, and I knew we’d be hungry by the time we got home. So, the solution was simple, let the store do the work for us. Simple, quick, and delicious. I mean, it was basically take-out.