- Friday: Neighbor’s Dinner: Veggies & Ranch, Spicy Crab & Corn Dip, Buttermilk Chicken Kebabs, Molten Dulce de Leche Cakes – The chicken had great fresh herb flavor, and thighs on the grill continue to be a family favorite. The cakes had good flavor, but I think they got overcooked. Will have to try them again sometime when I’m paying more attention to them. 🙂
- Saturday: Fair Food @ Oconomowoc Days
- Sunday: Beef Short Ribs in Chipotle & Green Chile Sauce, Cheesy Mashed Potatoes – I love short ribs! In fact, I get a little sad when I eat them, as I think about the 30+ years of my life I spent not eating them. If you like rich beef flavor with a little kick, you’ll love these too. The cheesy potatoes were a great side, as they cooled any heat that was a bit much within the meat and sauce. Great Sunday supper.
- Monday: Shredded Chicken Panini, Veggies & Dip, Saz’s Sour Cream & Chive Fries, and Baked Breaded Mushrooms
- Tuesday: Spaghetti & Meatballs with Caesar Chopped Salads and Fresh Bread
- Wednesday: Chinese take out from Emperor’s Kitchen in Delafield: Egg rolls, Crab Rangoon, Kung Pao Beef with Almonds and Pan-fried Noodles, Sesame Combo with Steamed Vegetables and Rice. #Yum
- Thursday: Italian Cheese & Veggie plate featuring Burratta and an Italian Vinaigrette
Other Cooking & Baking:
- Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts – These were fantastic. I wouldn’t change a thing. Seriously. Carter ate every bit on his plate. Every bit. When I was fully prepared to hear, “there’s salad in my chicken” in reference to the spinach. Nope. He had every bit.
- Scratch Made Sloppy Joes – I riffed off of the linked recipe, and now I need to write it down, ’cause it was perfect. It was Carter ate seconds and leftovers perfect.
- Fresh Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping – I used Fine Cooking’s Blueberry Muffin-Cake recipe, but converted to muffing, cutting the baking time down to 20 to 30 minutes, checking doneness at 20. Before baking, I added a streusel topping by blending the following:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Oats