- Friday: Pizza Party at the Nelson’s, bringing DIY Ice Cream Sundaes – Introduced the Nelson family to Falbo Brothers pizza and enjoyed some old school ice cream sundaes. A very good night indeed.
- Saturday: Sledding Party at Lau’s, bringing Buffalo Chicken Dip – You know what I forgot about? This dip, that’s what. And really, I must have been out of my ever-loving-mind! It’s always a hit, because it’s always delicious. It’s also one of the only dips that actually almost better with cut veggies than it is with chips. But it’s still good with chips. I recommend simple corn tortilla chips.
- Sunday: Popcorn during The Lego Movie, Late lunch at Red Robin, and at home Movie Snacks of Buffalo Chicken Dip and Veggies – Could this little boy look any happier to see the movie? We loved it. We also loved splurging for the fancy VIP seats. There’s probably no going back now. They were worth the extra dollar.
- Monday: Grand Parisian Salads With Roasted Chicken – This is a mix that I’ve picked up at Costco, but I’m sure you can find it, or something similar at the regular grocery store. It’s great to have on hand for a quick and healthy dinner.
- Tuesday: Short Ribs with Peas over Orecchiette – This goes under great achievements in leftovers. I got the idea from this recipe on Annie’s Eats, and found it was a great way to use the last of the short ribs I had in the freezer.
- Wednesday: Creamy Taco Mac – I probably haven’t made this two years or so, and when I told Jim it was on the menu for the night, he was genuinely looking forward to it. When it came to eating dinner, it was as good as we remembered, so he overdid it. Good thing I use ground turkey and low fat cream cheese.
- Thursday: Leftovers and Salads
- A Little Something Extra …
This is avocado toast. It is amazing. It is simple too. Basically, it’s simply amazing. Recipe? Well, here goes:
- Make toast.
- Cut avocado and smash 1/2 over toast.
- Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and crushed red pepper.
Depending on the type of toast you use, it’s about 285 calories, and keeps you happily full all morning, afternoon, or whenever you chose to eat it. Try it and thank me later. Seriously.