- Friday: Dinner at the Smiths’
- Saturday: Date Night Dinner at Cooper’s Hawk – This is my 4th or 5th time back here, and I have been pleasantly surprised with everything I’ve tried. We started with the Crispy Shrimp (Jumbo Shrimp Wrapped with Shredded Crispy Phyllo Dough and Served with Sweet Thai Chili and Sesame Mustard Dipping Sauces), which were good, but there are other appetizers I’ve tried here that I enjoyed more. Jim had Flatiron Steak Frites (Seared Flatiron Steak with Chimichurri, Served with Sautéed Green Beans, Sweet Grape Tomato Relish, Parmesan Fries, and Truffle Aioli), which he liked, but the Chimichurri was more like an herbed garlic butter than what was expected. I had my usual Blackened Ahi Tuna (Ahi Seared in Our Special Blackening Spice. Served Rare with Our Wasabi Sauce Over a Bed of Cilantro Citrus Rice with Asian Slaw), and enjoyed it as much as ever.
- Sunday: Leftovers & Popcorn – The start of football season means Prosecco Sundays are back! The boys were at Jim’s dads for the game, so I finished off my dinner from the night before. When they got home, we made some popcorn to snack on while watching Breaking Bad.
- Monday: Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki, Oven Fries, and Tabouleh – This dinner is ALWAYS a winner, and Carter even gave unsolicited feedback that, “the chicken is delicious”. The boys didn’t eat the Tabouleh, but I’ve been enjoying this version all week. I adjusted the linked recipe slightly, but using Organic Girl’s Super Greens mix and omitting the mint.
Tuesday: Broccoli Pesto Pasta and Greek Chicken Leftovers with Chopped Salads – Sad to say, neither of my boys cared for it. I think the Greek yogurt gave it a bit too much tang for our tastes.
- Wednesday: Apple, Feta, and Walnut Salad with Craisins and Balsamic, Crispy Salmon with Steamed Green Beans and Fresh Bread – I used this method for the salmon after dressing it with a layer of coconut oil, and a sprinkle of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Super simple and delicious, and the top of the salmon had a nice crispness, while the inside was perfectly, and not over, done.
- Thursday: Pizza Delivery from Falbo Brothers – Seriously, if you’re in the area and haven’t tried take-out or delivery from here, you’re an idiot. It’s like not liking Justin Timberlake. Just. Plain. Dumb.
Other Cooking & Baking: Cinnamon Raisin French Toast