August 18, 2014
- Sunday: Take-Out Pizza & Salad from Bennoli’s
- Monday: Bean Tostadas and Ground Turkey Tacos
- Tuesday: New Orleans Style Shrimp and Rice - This was simple and delicious and will definitely be making a second appearance at our table.
- Wednesday: Five Guys for Burgers and Fries
- Thursday: Leftovers
- Friday: Anti-Pasti, Sheet Pan Pizza and Caesar Salads – I’m sad to say, we didn’t love this. The crust was a bit crisper than we would have liked for such a thick slice. Oh well, it was still pizza, so not all bad, just won’t be making it again.
- Saturday: Perfect Pancakes with Strawberry Syrup and Date Night at Maxie’s Southern Comfort – Fried Green Tomatoes and Cajun Popcorn (Zesty fried crawfish tails with Remoulade, BBQ Black Angus Beef Brisket (Hickory smoked, tangy KC style sauce, and fresh corn & arugula salad) and White Cheddar Mac ‘n’ Cheese, and “Chicken-Fried” Chicken (Tasso gravy, mashed potatoes, daily veg.)
August 11, 2014
- Sunday: Baseball Team BBQ – Brought Pasta Salad
- Monday: Culver’s Take-out – I think we have a problem around here …
- Tuesday: Spaghetti with Meat-sauce and Brady Street Garlic Bread – This being pregnant thing is kicking my butt. Jim says it did last time too, but I do not remember being this tired every. single. day. Seriously, at 2:30 p.m. just about every single day, I become ridiculously tired, and it’s about all I can do to not crawl into bed, let alone figure out plans for dinner. Thank goodness for meatballs and red sauce in the freezer. I warm them up on the stove, slightly mash the meatballs, stir in some pasta, and we have ourselves a meal.
- Wednesday: Another night with no desire to cook and no clue what to eat. Thank goodness for Carter and his great ideas that sometimes aren’t corndogs.
- Thursday: Leftovers
- Friday: Carter-Mama Party
- Saturday: Tail-gating before the Brewers Game – Bringing cookies and pickles … ice cream would melt, and it’s WAY too cliche.
August 4, 2014
- Sunday: Sliders on Pretzel Buns, Corn on the Cob, Fries
- Monday: Chinese Take-Out from Emperor’s Kitchen – A sad week here in Lake Country, as our favorite Chinese restaurant will be closing its doors as of Saturday. Luckily, they have a second location in Brookfield that will be our new go to for our Chinese take-out fix.
- Tuesday: Leftovers from Monday – If ain’t broke, and it’s also delicious …
- Thursday: Popcorn & Leftovers
- Friday: Chicken Taco Salads
- Saturday: Grazing through the Wisconsin State Fair
July 30, 2014
- Sunday: Bean and Chicken Tostadas for Me & Chicken Nuggets and Broccoli for Carter
- Monday: Chicken Enchiladas Ole with Refried Beans, Mexican Salads, Chips, Salsa, and Guacamole
- Tuesday: Dinner at Kurt’s Steakhouse – This was a great meal, all the food was well prepared and delicious, but the service quality and kitchen speed are still lacking. This used to be one of my favorite places, but I find I don’t look forward to my next visit the way I used to
- Wednesday: Sausage and Pepper Skewers with Mushrooms and Summer Squash, Grilled Baby Broccoli, Crusty Fresh Bread, Strawberry Shortcake over Biscuits with Fresh Whipped Cream
- Thursday: Popcorn and Chocolate Chip Cookies – This is what happen when Carter and I are on our own for dinner
- Friday: TJ’s Appetizer Buffet – Cheese Plate with Manchego, Parmesan Pastry Puffs, Spanakopita, Arancini Bites, Wild Mushroom & Black Truffle Flatbread, and Assorted Macaroons – This was a great, no effort, spread that yielded tasty results. Not bad for $32. The only disappointment was the flatbread. While the flavor was good, I would have liked to see more pieces of mushroom, rather than just the thin layer of mushroom spread. Other than that, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy any of these again to serve for a party or fun night with the family.
- Saturday: Pasta and Red Sauce with Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders, Garlic Bread, and Caesar Salads … oh, and let’s not forget warm brownies and vanilla ice cream for dessert.
July 21, 2014
- Sunday: Pizza, Salad, and Bread sticks from Falbo Brothers – After almost 7 hours in the car, the idea of making dinner was unappealing, to say the least. This plan worked out well, since we enjoyed the leftovers for the rest of the week with no waste.
- Monday: Pan-Seared Halibut, TJ’s Rice Pilaf, and Steamed Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Brown Butter – I tried a halibut recipe of from my Gourmet Quick Dinners. The final result was a bit lacking, but reminded me how quick and easy this type of fish can be, and we’ll definitely be enjoying again soon.
- Tuesday: Spicy Turkey Taco Salads – Mexican food is a weekly, or more, requirement in this house, and a salad filled with everything you’d put into a tortilla is a, slightly, healthier way to enjoy one of our favorites.
- Wednesday: Baked Shrimp Scampi, Crusty Bread, Simple Salad – I modified this recipe slightly to reduce the amount of butter and breadcrumbs used, add a pinch of crushed red pepper, and roast shrimp on top of a bed of green beans and bell peppers to add some veg to our meal. After burning Jim out on shrimp a few years ago, he actually declared this a good meal. I may try the recipe/technique with tilapia or other white fish sometime soon.
- Thursday: Leftover Pizza and Breadsticks with Caprese Salad – Nothing exciting, just leftover pizza, but I did take advantage of a lot of fresh basil and tomatoes on-hand for a tasty salad.
- Friday: Leftover Pizza, Breadsticks, and Macaroni & Cheese – Man, I forgot just how tired “cooking” a baby can make you. I had a nice dinner planned, but when 5:00 p.m. came, I had to wave the white flag and announce we’d be having leftovers. No one complained. Especially when I made popcorn later in the evening.
- Saturday: Roasted Bone-in Chicken Breasts, Crash Hot Potatoes, Sesame Steamed Carrots, Steamed Broccoli, Baguette, and Cherry Cheesecake Bars – This was a deliciously simple dinner for a weekend. The potatoes are a family favorite, and the chicken is so basic, it works out well to make extra and use the leftovers for other recipes later in the week, like maybe, oh I don’t know, enchiladas … As for the cheesecake bars, we liked the overall flavor, but found the cheesecake to graham cracker crust ratio a bit off. When I make them again, I would double the filling, and add a 1/4 cup of sugar to the crust to keep it together a bit more.
June 12, 2014
- Friday: Pizza and Asiago Dip at the Delafield Brewhaus
- Saturday: Lilian and Delia’s Birthday Party!
- Sunday: Italian Marinated Flank Steak, Veggie Kabobs, Caprese Salad, and Foccacia
- Monday: Pizza from Papa Murphy’s
- Tuesday: Pasta with Meat Sauce and Garlic Bread
- Wednesday: Leftovers
- Thursday: Out to celebrate the end of 4K
June 9, 2014
- Friday: Take-Out Fish Fry from Sendik’s in Hartland – At the risk of repeating myself, I am loving this new grocery store. I have absolutely loved everything I’ve tried here, and this now includes the Friday offerings from their hot bar.
- Saturday: Callie’s Birthday Party!
- Sunday: Herb-Marinated Grilled Chicken, Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus, grilled Yukon golds, and Honey Wheat Bread
- Monday: Chicken Enchiladas Ole, Mexican Rice, Refried Beans, Chips, Salsa, and Guacamole
- Tuesday: Grilled Hot Dogs on Pretzel Rolls, Baked Beans, Chopped Salad, Watermelon
- Wednesday: Mexican Left-Overs
- Thursday: Out to Dinner at Kurt’s Steakhouse: Chicken Wings, Onion Strings, and Salad
- Other Cooking and Baking: Classic Tuna Noodle Salad