- Friday: Roasted Cod with Lemon-Parsley Crumbs and Steamed Green Beans – We really liked this technique that gave the “feel” of fish fry without the mess or fat. Would work well on almost any cut of fish.
Saturday: Zuppa Toscana with Gnocchi and Fresh Bread – I actually didn’t use the cream in this, and substituted with milk instead. I also added some gnocchi at the end, and Jim said it really made the soup work for him.
- Sunday: Lighter Chicken & Dumplings with Biscuits – This needs to be a regular during the cool months of fall and winter in Wisconsin.
- Monday: Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sausage & Roasted Brussels Sprouts – I added the toasted pine nuts and red pepper to the recipe for a little something extra, as well as a bit of crushed red pepper when roasting the Brussels sprouts. Carter loved the sprouts!
- Tuesday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER! – Chicken Tenders and French Fries
- Wednesday: Leftovers!
- Thursday: Meatloaf Muffins with Mashed Potatoes, Greenbeans, and Corn – This is a great recipe that freezes well, and also lends itself to a lot of adaption depending on your tastes. I gave these an Italian flair by adding sausage, Italian seasoning, and some red peppers and celery in with the onion and carrot sauté.
Other Cooking & Baking: French Toast, Mint Oreo Cupcakes