- Sunday: Post Photo Dinner: Maxie’s Southern Comfort – Not that one needs an excuse to go to this fantastic restaurant, but on Sundays kids eat for $1, so, really, we had to go. Jim had the jambalaya, which was delicious and could easily have been 2 meals.
I had the Frogmore Stew that I eyed up on our last visit, but passed on in favor of the chicken fried chicken, which is awesome if you were wondering. Anyway, back to the stew, per the menu, it’s a mix of “Shrimp, mussels, ocean fish, house smoked chicken andouille, onion, fresh corn, and seasoned broth, served with french bread”. The flavor was rich, savory, and spicy. Surprisingly spicy actually. I mean, yes, I get it, it’s a Cajun restaurant, but I was a bit overwhelmed at the overwhelming spice of the dish. That being said, I couldn’t stop eating it, and would recommend to anyone who loves seafood, … and spice.
Carter loved his chicken tenders served with waffle fries, and carrot and celery sticks. Oh, and of course, we didn’t skip a side of the amazing White Cheddar Mac ‘n Cheese for the table to share. It’s the best.
- Monday: Chicken Enchiladas Ole, Refried Beans, Rice, Chips and Salsa. – So glad I stashed a few of these in the freezer for quick and easy weeknight meals.
- Tuesday: Shredded Beef over Pappardelle with Steamed Broccoli
- Wednesday: Crunchy-Topped Swiss Chicken Bake with Quinoa and Steamed Carrots – We’ll definately be having this again, as Jim really liked it, and I loved that it came together quickly during a busy weeknight.
- Thursday: Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells with Caesar Salads and Garlic Bread – I made these a couple weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon, and then portioned and froze for some more quck weeknight dinners … are you noticing a theme here? I will say that I adjusted the recipe slightly by using frozen chopped spinach rather than fresh and cut the cream cheese down to 1 block rather than 2.
- Friday: Pizza Delivery from Falbo Brothers – Pizza, wings, and Greek salad made for a great Friday night dinner and fabulous leftovers for the rest of the weekend.
- Saturday: Chicken Pot Pie Soup & Biscuits – While the plan was to simply make chicken pot pie, I added a bit too much stock, but can’t say that I’m mad about it. Oh, and I cheated with some biscuits from the freezer rather than scratch made since it’s becoming really, really exhausting to run errands 7 1/2 months pregnant. It’s going to be a long 10 weeks.
- Other Cooking & Baking: Quadruple Berry Muffins – I used a mix of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries adding up to 2 cups. The boys thought they were a bit on the tart side, but I love them.