- Friday: Fish Fry at Golden Mast – I don’t know what’s going on in Lake Country, but we had another bad experience in a formerly tried and true restaurant during this meal. First we were told there was immediate seating, we just needed to wait for the second hostess to return, and then proceeded to watch them seat 4 parties while we stood there waiting. When I spoke up to the hostess we originally checked in with, there was no apology, and she looked at our family as if it were the first time she had laid eyes on the 3 of us. We could have forgotten that, had we not waited for drinks, been served a fish fry that tasted like it had been sitting for quite some time under a heat lamp, and never receive the extra potato pancakes we had asked for. When you’re paying for dinner, you expect what you’ve been promised, and this trip to The Golden Mast simply didn’t deliver.
- Saturday: Grilled Chicken Pieces, Sweet Potato and Vegetable Skewers, and Dirt Cake – This was a great meal all around. I have to admit though, the star was the dirt cake. I feel like dirt cake was cool in the 90’s, and then it went into hiding. I sort of get it, as it’s not really refined or fancy, but here’s the thing, it’s damn easy, and damn good.
- Sunday: Grilled Flatbread Pizzas, Boneless Buffalo Chicken, and Blue Cheese Chopped Salad
- Monday: BBQ’d Ribs, Grill Baked Potatoes, Chopped Blue Cheese Salad, and Strawberry Pie – So, I’m eating more of this pie as I type this, and it’s delicious. Light and fresh, with a tasty shortbread crust. That being said, and this could be due to operator error, it’s not very pretty once served, and really ends up like a jell-o salad with cookie bits on your plate, and I mean that in the best way possible. Again, this could be due to my error with the recipe, but, all in all, it’s still a delicious summer dessert.
- Tuesday: Leftover Ribs and Drumsticks
- Wednesday: Out for Mexican at Fiesta Cancun – It’s great to have a solid Mexican restaurant right in our own backyard. They have great chips and salsa, along with everything else on the menu, and the service is quick and friendly.
- Thursday: Flatbread Pizzas