- Friday: Out to dinner at Fiesta Cancun – This is a nice little Mexican restaurant that we’re lucky enough to have in our area. My judgement of a Mexican restaurant is their tamale, relleno, and taco combination plate. In my opinion, if they can execute this well, they can do other things well. They do this well, and their salsa is delicious to boot.
- Saturday: Surf & Turf Night: Filet, Shrimp, and Crab Legs with Roasted Teeny Potatoes and Broccoli – Jim asked for steak, I wanted seafood, we made a delicious compromise. In fact, I think Jim ate more crab than steak. I have to admit though, I enjoyed the roasted broccoli as much as anything else we had that night. We’ll definitely be having that again soon.
- Sunday: Easter, brought Mandarin Salad with Candied Almonds and Coconut Macaroons – Both of these recipes were a hit, and we’ll be enjoying again, and probably again and again too.
- Monday: Bicentennial Rubbed Chicken Breasts, TJ’s Rice Pilaf, Roast Green Beans with Toasted Almonds, and Rosemary Foccacia – The winner of this meal was our first taste of TJ’s boxed rice pilaf. A great quick side to have on hand for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner.
- Tuesday: Pasta with Red Sauce and Meatballs – Thank goodness for a freezer stash of red sauce and meatballs. Every couple of months I spend a weekend afternoon over a huge pot of sauce and very large tray of meatballs. Once done, they are portioned into portioned zip lock bags and frozen for very quick weeknight meals.
- Wednesday: Chicken Nuggets, Baked Fries, Mac & Cheese, and Chopped Salads – This was a Carter meal if ever there was one, but I can’t say we mind.
- Thursday: Banana Oatmeal Pancakes with Chocolate Chips and Bacon – We’ll have to keep working on this recipe and execution, but it’s already a winner. I mean, let’s be honest though, we’ve got carbs and chocolate working together here, so it’s going to be delicious, right? I will note, I used a real egg, rather than a flax egg.