- Friday: Girls’ Night at Le Reve – A great meal and overall experience. We started with the Crostini de Brie: Warm brie on baguette with concord farms honey and cracked pepper. I had the Petoncles a la Basquaise: Dayboat scallops, chorizo and rock shrimp risotto with roasted pipenade and romesco, while my friend had the Faisan et Haricots Verts: MacFarlane Farms Pheasant Breast Pappardelle Pasta, Haricots Verts, Duxelles, Thyme Jus. Everything was awesome including the wine, service, and macaroons I took to go.
- Saturday: Breakfast with Santa with the Taylors at Maggiano’s in Wauwatosa / Caesar Salads and Chicken Parmesan with Red Sauce over Pasta
- Sunday: Christmas with the Szajnas, bringing: Kentucky Butter Cake with Bourbon Glaze – I’ve made this cake before, and it was a hit. The only thing I changed this time was simmering about a 1/4 of bourbon in the glaze prior to pouring on top to give it a little holiday kick.
- Monday: Zuppa Tuscana with Chopped Caesar Salads
- Tuesday: Christmas Eve with the Szajnas, bringing: Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms and Rumaki
- Wednesday: Christmas Day with Wardens, bringing: Trio of Cheese Balls (replacing goat cheese option with Bacon Jalapeno version), TJ’s Rosemary Almonds, & Peppered Salami – If I dare say so myself, this was the perfect afternoon snack after a day of breakfast, presents, movies, Trouble, and napping.
- Thursday: Ranch Marinated Chicken Breasts with Steamed Green Beans and Biscuits – After all the fun and sometimes rich Christmas foods, we needed a day of simple, and this fit the bill.