- Friday: Fish Fry Take-Out from O’Reiley’s
- Saturday: Risotto with Chicken and Peas – A goof up with the actual dinner plans meant a quick change that resulted in a reminder about how much we enjoy risotto. I don’t think I’ve made it for about a year.
- Sunday: Roast Beef wth Egg Noodles,Roasted Carrots, Mushrooms, and Brussels Sprouts, and Crusty baguette
- Monday: Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala – Very good, with more than enough for 6 to 8 servings over rice. Carter and I liked it, and Jim said it was good, though Indian food isn’t something on the top of his list. For those interested, a serving, which would include a 1/2 cup of rice, is just under 400 calories.
- Tuesday: Lasagna with Garlic Bread & Caesar Salads
- Wednesday: Leftovers
- Thursday: Lentil & Black Bean Soup with Andouille Sausage – It’s been a couple years since I’ve made this, but I’m so glad it caught my eye, as it was a perfect meal for a VERY cold Wisconsin evening. What’s even better is that it’s quite hearty and filling, but, when using a chicken based Andouille sausage, it comes out to about 250 calories a serving with only 5 grams of fat.