- Friday: Sushi Night! – Realizing that it had been awhile since Jim got to join us for sushi, we picked up take-out from Asiana in Pewaukee. Now, while their food is great, their service is awful, which is part of the reason we don’t dine in. We ordered following: Edamame, Pan-Fried Dumplings, Clear Mushroom Soup, Vegetable Tempura, and the following rolls: Cucumber, California, Yellowtail & Scallian, and Western (Spicy crab w. crunch inside and avacado, shrimp tempura outside w. mayonnaise sauce on top).
- Saturday: Spicy Beef Tacos, Rice, “Refried” Black Beans, Chips, Salsa, and Guacamole – These tacos with Penzey’s Bold Taco Seasoning continue to be one of Jim’s favorite meals, and a go-to for me when I just don’t know what to make. Win-win!
- Sunday: Pancake Breakfast with Oven-Roasted Bacon
- Monday: Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs, Wild Rice Pilaf, and Steamed Green Beans – Finally broke in my cast iron skillet, and I do not know what took me so long. After one use, I am sold. This was a simple recipe, that yielded flavorful, juicy chicken with crispy skin. And really, isn’t the skin the best part???
- Tuesday: Spaghetti and Meatballs with Garlic Bread & Caesar Salads
- Wednesday: Asian Chopped Salads with Grilled Chicken Tenderloins
- Thursday: Carter’s Choice – Chicken Nuggets, Macaroni & Cheese, and Broccoli – Every once in awhile I let Carter pick dinner. While he eats what we eat most of the time, he is definitely a normal 5 year old who likes his “kid food”. Admittedly, Jim looks forward to these nights as much as Carter does, and I don’t mind them either.