- Kir Royales
- Gougeres – These were simple and delicious. They present quite fancy, but your guests don’t have to know how simple they really are. I added a good teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. They can be made ahead and warmed in the oven just before your guests arrive.
- Salami Plate – Slices of peppered salami were a great balance for the veggies and gougeres.
- TJ’s Rosemary Almonds – Fantastic find. A really full rosemary flavor that doesn’t overpower the almond.
- Cheese Plate with Brie and alongside Crackers and Raisin Rosemary Crisps
- Crudités – Some find it boring or predictable, but I usually have a veg plate out at all my parties. I find it’s a nice counterbalance to the other appetizers that are often quite rich.
- Roquefort Pear Salad – I cheated a bit here, and used Trader Joe’s Champagne Pear vinaigrette rather than making from scratch. I also used dried cherries rather than cranberries, just cause I felt like it.
- Bistro-Style Short Ribs – This is a great recipe. Make it on the weekend when you have lots of time to wait for the deliciousness. Also, it’s a great choice for company, as you can do the work in the morning, and simply bring back to temp before your guests arrive.
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Fresh Baguette and Irish Butter – Every once in awhile, you MUST treat you and your guests to really good butter.
- Jessica’s Oreo Layer Cake – Yum!