- Friday: Ciabatta Crust Pizza – We’ve been doing pizza Friday’s for a few weeks now, and no one sees any reason to quit now. We do mix it up with different crusts and toppings, but our favorite is sausage and mushroom. Since I had bread to use up before it goes moldy, I decided tonight’s dinner would be on ciabatta rolls purchased at my beloved Costco. With that thought in mind, I went through my Google Reader and got some guidance from “The Cozy Apron”. We absolutely loved these, and I will be making them again in the pizza night rotation.
- Saturday: Out for Steak at Palmer’s Steakhouse – This was our first time to Palmer’s, and, overall, we liked it very much. I enjoyed 2 of their house martinis before dinner that were delicious:
Palmer’s Ultimate Cosmopolitan: Grey Goose Le Citron, Triple Sec, Sweet-n-Sour, and Cranberry Juice.
Palmer’s Citrus Punchout: Absolut Mandarin and Citron Vodka, Van Gogh Pineapple Vodka, Triple Sec, Orange and Pineapple Juices finished with a sugared rim.
As far as the actual meal, we started with calamari, which was delicious, and then ordered our entrees with a side of shredded onion rings. I would definitely go back, but I didn’t find that this experience beat out Kurt’s in Delafield as my favorite, if simply for the cost to meal ratio that I mentally calculate after a meal. Don’t get me wrong, Palmer’s knows what they’re doing, and they do it very well, especially when it comes to service and overall dining experience.
- Sunday: Boys Out for Packer Game
- Tuesday: Annual Cupery Open House – Brought BBQ Chicken Rolls – I modified the linked recipe to be a little friendlier to the tastes of the group, substituting Buffalo Sauce with Saz’s Spicy BBQ, cheddar cheese for the mozzarella, and adding some corn into the mix as well. They were a hit. This is one of those recipes that opens itself up to a ton of variations depending on the type of party and time of year. Will definitely be making again.
- Wednesday: Leftover Pork Tenderloin from NYE – Just as delicious the second time around!
- Thursday: Pizza Tortellini – I was just not feeling dinner tonight, but the bag of TJ’s cheese tortellini in the pantry caught my eye and I remembered the sausage, onion, and mushrooms in the fridge from our latest pizza night. Boiled the pasta, sautéed the veggies and meat, warmed the sauce, and tossed together with some mozzarella cheese before popping into the oven to get melty and browned. For being thrown together on a whim, it was quite delicious.