Do you ever get the feeling when you’re eating something that you could make it yourself and it could be better for you? Well, I get that a lot. Probably too much. Most recently, I had that feeling after paying $5 for a small bag of tortilla chips from the local Mexican Restaurant. After a quick search through my Google Reader I discovered Stylish Cuisine’s post on this recipe and quickly realized two things: 1. That I was right, and 2. They were delicious. Try these soon, very soon.
- Twelve 6-inch corn tortillas (preferably white)
- Olive Oil Spray
- Fine salt
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰.
- Spray both sides of the tortillas with Olive Oil.
- 3 to 4 at a time, stack the tortillas and use kitchen shears to cut into sixths.
- Spread the chips out in a single layer on two large baking sheets and season with salt.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, rotating the baking sheets once, about 12 to 15 minutes. Check after 12 minutes, as I found mine were burnt at 13 ½ minutes, but perfect at 12 ½.
- Serve with your favorite Salsa.