These bites of deliciousness are inspired by this recipe from Ina Garten. See, I was going to make them as the original directions dictate, but I left the puff pastry out too long and it became completely useless. So, I worked with the dough I had in the fridge for another recipe. I’ll be looking forward to trying the originally planned palmiers soon, but, for our New Year’s Eve, and future parties, these were a hit.
- 1 tube Pizza Dough
- ¼ cup Pesto
- ½ cup Ricotta Salata, crumbled
- ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts, toasted
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Lightly flour a board and carefully unroll the dough. Roll the pastry lightly with a rolling pin.
- Spread the sheet of dough with the pesto, ricotta salata crumbles, the tomatoes, and the pine nuts. Sprinkle with the salt.
- Working from the short ends, roll tightly and place seam side town. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425⁰.
- Cut the prepared rolls of puff pastry in ¼ inch thick slices and place them face up 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 16 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.