I’ll update once I have a better picture, but thought it was better to share without, than hold onto the deliciousness for myself. This recipe is originally from Real Mom Kitchen, and is great for a weeknight meal, as everything goes into the crockpot at once, and then cooks all day until you’re left with a yummy, warm, and satisfying soup. I served with a tossed green salad and chips and salsa.
- 1 15 oz. can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 10 oz. Frozen Corn
- ½ cup Onion, minced
- 1 cup Bell Pepper, any color and/or combination, chopped
- 2 Chicken Breasts, boneless-skinless
- 1 10 oz. can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 10.75 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup, 98% fat free
- 1 ½ cups 1% Milk
- 4 oz. Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- In a 3 ½ to 5 quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces. Add chicken back into soup.
- Top with pepper jack cheese and serve.
- Can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips.
Note: if the soup is too thick for you, just add a little more milk after it’s all cooked.
Servings – 12
WW Points – 3 pts per serving