These were based off of the Spiced Chicken Bites we enjoyed last weekend. Since we were having these with pizza, I wanted to give them an Italian spin. I think they were a total success, with a nice spicy kick from the crushed red pepper. Serve them with your favorite ranch dressing for a great appetizer (Hello, football season is just around the corner), or over a tossed green salad for lunch or dinner.
- 1 ½ lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into roughly 1″ cubes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Panko Italian Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken wings.
- In a bowl combine garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and olive oil in a bowl. Sprinkle over the chicken wings and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- After the wings have marinated, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix panko and plain dry bread crumbs in a bowl. Press marinated wings into the bread crumbs to coat completely.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and bread crumbs are golden brown. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Servings – 6
WW Points – 5 pts per serving