Uh, Jaime … you’re title is messed up, you wrote salad twice …
Yup that’s right, I did, and it’s not a mistake either. It’s a pasta salad salad. A pasta salad with a heaping helping of greens. Or a salad with some pasta in it, whichever you prefer. I played with the idea of this last week as a way to get in some extra protein and whole grains into my salad without adding too many points. It was love at first bite. This is a slightly Italian version with tomatoes and basil. It’s a great light lunch.
- 28 grams Whole Wheat Pasta
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Olive Oil, I use the oil the tomatoes are packed in
- 12 grams Sundried Tomatoes, chopped
- 50 grams Baby Spinach
- 75 grams Salad Greens
- 50 grams Red Pepper, chopped
- 55 grams, about 8, Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 30 grams, about 8, Black Olives, halved
- 2 to 3 Basil Leaves, chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, whisk vinegar and oil together.
- Toss all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Servings – 1
WW Points – 7 pts