This weekend we went to Water Buffalo in Downtown Milwaukee for dinner. When I was reviewing the menu before we ate, I knew immediately I wanted to try their Amaretto Blackcherry Press. It was delicious. Light, refreshing, not too boozy, and perfect for enjoying on a patio in the summer sun. Unfortunately, the wait was too long for us to sit on the patio, but I could just imagine what sipping this lovely libation on a patio would be like. Now, I don’t have to imagine, since I recreated this drink at home and will be sipping it on my very own patio sometime soon.
- 6 oz. Blackcherry Vodka
- 4 oz. Amaretto
- 6 oz. Lemon-Lime Soda, diet works here
- 5 oz. Club Soda or Seltzer, I use diet as well
- Juice of ½ Lime
1 Lime, cut into wedges
- Maraschino Cherries
- Add all ingredients, except lime wedges and cherries, into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well to chill and strain into a highball glass over ice.
- Garnish with lime wedge and cherry. Enjoy!