Another winner from Jim’s 30th Birthday Party BBQ/Picnic. I like potato salad, but a lot of others don’t, and I was excited that this one that I found on The Noshery was lighter and healthier than the traditional recipes. I did adjust the recipe slightly, as I didn’t think it had enough potatoes in the original. Also, the recipe below has you grill the potatoes, but I was too lazy busy to do that, so I roasted them in the oven at 425⁰ for 30 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 ½ Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup Olive Oil + 2 Tbsp
- 5 pounds Yams, peeled and cubed
- 2 fresh Poblano Chilies, seeded, diced
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Preheat barbecue (medium heat) or oven. Toss yams with 2 Tbsp oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Grill or roast for 20 to 30 minutes, turning frequently. Transfer potatoes to work surface, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces, set aside to cool.
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes, poblanos and green onions in large bowl. Drizzle dressing over; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.