This is a recipe my mom has been making for years. Light, fresh, and delicious. It’s a great summer side salad for a picnic, BBQ, or just to go alongside some grilled chicken or shrimp.
- 5 cups Corn, fresh or frozen thawed
- 16 oz Orzo
- 1 cup Greek black olives, pitted & halved (black olives work here too)
- 2 Red Pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Basil, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup White Wine Vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook and drain orzo according to package directions.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.