When I came upon the recipe for the Corn & Crab Fritters, I was immediately turned off by the idea of serving them with Guacamole. I don’t know why, and if the idea appeals to you, I say go for it. As for me, I thought a creamy garlicky sauce sounded more appealing. Inspired by this recipe, I tried my hand at adjusting it by substituting the olive oil and eggs with non-fat Greet Yogurt. I have to say, I think it turned out wonderfully. I have since used some of the leftover sauce as base for crab salad and in a light cabbage slaw for Cajun Cod Po’ Boy Sandwiches.
- 1 small Yukon Gold Potato , peeled and quartered
- 1 ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 to 3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 6 oz Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ tsp Pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed is best
- 2 to 4 Tbsp Low-fat Milk, depending on thickness of sauce
- In a stockpot, place potato and enough cold water to cover; bring to boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- In a food processor, blender, or with your hand blender, blend all ingredients, except milk, until smooth. Add in milk, a tablespoon at a time, until desired thickness is reached.
Servings – 1 ½ cups or 12 2 Tbsp Servings
WW Points – 2 Tbsp = 0 pts / 4 Tbsp = 0.5 pts