A great sauce for steak, seafood, asparagus, … really, almost anything.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 ½ tsp Tarragon, fresh or dried
- 2/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- Coarse Salt
- In a small saucepan, bring shallot, tarragon, and vinegar to boil over medium. Cook until liquid reduces to 2 tablespoons, about 4 minutes; strain. Rinse pan; return mixture to pan.
- Whisk together egg yolks and 2 tablespoons water. Add to pan. Cook over low, whisking, until mixture thickens and forms thick ribbons when lifted with whisk, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in butter. If sauce bubbles at any time, remove from heat, and whisk in a piece of butter. Continue whisking until all butter is incorporated, about 3 minutes. Season with salt to taste.