My husband is in a band. Well, more accurately he meets up with two other guys once a week, if nobody cancels, and plays guitar while they play their respective instruments. Their practice location is about 30 minutes from our house, and they usually meet at 7:00 p.m., which means that I have to feed a baby and have dinner on the table in about an hour. It’s a good challenge, and brings my eye to recipes like this one from Life’s Ambrosia. I’ve made a few tweaks based on what we like and what I usually have in the house. I served this with a salad and some crusty bread.
- 8 oz Fusilli Pasta
- 1 lb Broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Dry White Wine
- Juice & Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Pepper, freshly ground
- ½ lb 51 – 60 count Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher Salt
- Crushed Red Pepper, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook according to package directions. During last 2 minutes of cooking, add broccoli, either directly to water or in steamer basket. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic until shallots are softened, about 2 -3 minutes. Stir in white wine, lemon juice, zest, and pepper. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in prawns and cook until prawns are opaque.
- Add cooked pasta and broccoli to prawn mixture. Stir in fresh parsley. Toss to combine. Season to taste with kosher salt and crushed red pepper if using.