I could not have asked for these to turn out any better than they did. The meat was moist, tender, and flavorful. I don’t think it could have been any easier either. There are literally 3 steps from start to yum. If you’re nervous about the peppers, don’t be. This was spicy without being too much so. Also, if you can’t find serranos, jalapeños will work instead. This paired really well with Mexican Rice, Black Beans, and Restaurant Style Salsa and chips. Oh, and of course, a nice Margarita or two as well.
- 3 to 4 lbs Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- 2 Tbs Penzey’s Bold Taco Seasoning
- 4 Cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ Yellow Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Serrano Chiles, quartered
- 1 Cup Water
- Place beef in crockpot. Add in all other ingredients.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, or low for 7 to 8.
- Shred meat and return to juices. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.