- Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground Chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 to 2 Chipotle Peppers, depending on taste, finely minced
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- ½ Cup Beer
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Set a heavy-based pot over medium-high heat and add a 3-count of olive oil.
- Add onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until translucent. Stir in red pepper and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Add ground chicken, season well with salt and pepper and brown well all over, breaking it up with a wooden spoon – about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add ketchup, chipotles, mustard, cayenne, brown sugar, tomato paste, and beer.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Finish with a splash of red wine vinegar and season it once more before serving