I adapted this from the Barefoot Contessa’s recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk cookies. Since Easter is around the corner, I replaced the chocolate chunks with pastel M&M’s. They turned out great, and I will definitely be making them again. If he could say as much, I think Carter would insist on it.
- ½ pound unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Peanut Butter, I used fresh
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 oz. M&Ms or Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375⁰ degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and peanut butter, and mix.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt and add to the batter, mixing only until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using either a small cookie scoop or a rounded tablespoon. With the bottom of a juice glass dipped in sugar, flatten the dough lightly.
- Bake for exactly 11 minutes (the cookies will seem underdone). Do not over bake. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.