I had an overripe banana, some toffee bits, and walnuts, so I decided to try to use them all together. Not a bad first attempt, Carter loved them for breakfast, but I think I’ll keep working on them, as I wish they were “fuller” and not as flat as they ended up turning out. Oh, but now that I think about it, they would probably make a good ice cream sandwich . . .
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ lb Unsalted Butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Overripe Banana
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Toffee Bits
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1 ½ cups Walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the banana and vanilla, then the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the batter with the mixer on low speed until just combined. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using a small cookie scoop or a rounded tablespoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes (the cookies will seem underdone). Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.