When I saw this recipe on Savory Spicy Sweet, I just knew it would be good, . . . really good. How did I just know? Because I have been lucky enough to know the author of this blog since elementary school, have her stand up in my wedding, and attend events catered by the aunt mentioned in the post. As I planned my Valentine’s Dinner Party menu, I knew these would be the perfect little bites to include as appetizers.
To say that these didn’t disappoint would be a total understatement. They were a hit and I will absolutely be making them again. This recipe made enough for 3 dozen puffs with a deli pint container full of filling leftover that I stashed in the freezer for next time I want to whip up some artichoke yumminess. Also, if you do have any leftover from the party, they reheat beautifully when popped into the oven for about 10 minutes at 350⁰.
- 1 lb. package of Puff Pastry
- 2 cans Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Green Onions, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Swiss Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400⁰.
- Chop artichoke hearts, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 15-20 squares. Press puff pastry squares into mini muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Fill 3/4 full with artichoke filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown
Notes: These can be prepared ahead of time and frozen! Freeze in the mini muffin tins, then pop puffs out into a large plastic bag. You can place the frozen puffs into mini muffin pans and bake from frozen, adding 5 minutes to baking time.