I found this recipe in a recent copy of Real Simple, and we loved it. I had never roasted shrimp before, so I was a little nervous when I saw the 15 to 20 minute oven time, as I usually sauté shrimp for about 3 minutes on each side to prevent overcooking them. I would recommend roasting for no more than 14 minutes. Everything comes together nicely, and would be a great meal to serve for company.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Heat oven to 400º F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the rice and wine and cook, stirring, until the wine is absorbed.
- Add 2 cups water and 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, over low heat until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the shrimp, tomatoes, thyme, garlic, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and 1⁄2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast until the shrimp are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve over the rice.