I found Our Best Bites recipe for their Monster Munch in my Google Reader, and immediately book marked it, since I knew it would be a great snack recipe to have on hand for almost any party. Turns out I was right.
I had some extra white chocolate at home, so I used that instead of the almond bark in the original recipe. Also, I wanted to color coordinate the candy in the mix with the party, so I substituted the Recees Pieces with orange, green, and purple “chocolate gems”, which were no name M&M’s I found at The Fresh Market. Finally, I omitted the candy corn, which was another decision based on the theme of the party.
I got a ton of compliments on this super easy party snack. I will definitely make it again, and being able to make it go with whatever the party theme allows, i.e. green and red for Christmas, reds and pinks for Valentines day, Green for St. Patrick’s, green and gold for a Packers football party, etc. Totally versatile and simple to put together. What more could you want in a party snack?
- 1 package Almond Bark (1 lb)
- 12 C popped popcorn (about 1/2 C kernels or 3 bags of microwave)
- 1 C candy corn
- 1 C dry roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 C Reeces Pieces
- Pop popcorn and place in a large bowl. Much larger than you think you need. The largest you have. It will make mixing easier! Pour peanuts, candy corn, and reeces pieces on top.
- Take a large knife and break up almond bark. Melt according to package directions. I just chop it up a little and microwave it in intervals until smooth and melted.
Pour over popcorn mixture.
- Stir until everything is well coated and then spread out onto waxed paper, parchment, or foil. Let sit until completely dry and then break up into clumps.