I found this recipe on Our Best Bites, and decided to give it a try when making the pumpkin cookies for my son’s first birthday. It’s super easy, and worked great for a large batch of sugar cookies with a single color background.
- 1lb powdered sugar (about 3 3/4 C)
- 1/4 C + 2T C whole milk (low-fat actually works, but use whole if you can)
- 1/4 C + 2T light Corn Syrup
- 1 t extract (I use almond because I use almond in my sugar cookies)
- With a whisk, or your handy dandy Kitchen Aid stand mixer, combine sugar and milk until smooth. No lumps.
- Stir in corn syrup and extract.
- Dip cookies into icing, and spread using a small off-set spatula.
- Allow to dry on cooling rack or waxed paper* overnight.
*If drying on wax paper, carve over drips with metal spatula for a smooth finished product.