Note: This recipe can make up to 5 dozen 3 inch cookies.
- 6 cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself)
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and extracts and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours, or portion and freeze for later use by double wrapping in plastic wrap.
- Roll to ¼” thick and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 12 minutes, or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely for frosting or freezing.