I used Pink Parsley’s recipe and will continue to make it my “go to” for all chocolate cupcakes.
Note: Use a good quality cocoa powder for this. I used Penzey’s Dutch Process Cocoa Powder, and was thrilled with the flavor.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot, strong brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of stand mixer.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add to mixer, and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in hot coffee, and pour into muffin tins, filling about 2/3 to the top.
- Bake 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.