Meal Plan: January 10th – January 16th
January 20, 2014
- Friday: Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki, French Fries, onion rings, and Mediterranean Pepper Salad
- Saturday: Birthday Take-Out from P.F. Chang’s: Crab Wontons, Kung Pao Shrimp, and Garlic Snap Peas – For me, a Chinese meal like this is one I will always opt to buy rather than make, the same can be said for sushi, as the time and effort put into it, just isn’t worth the results compared to what you can get from a restaurant. So, for my birthday, I wanted to have a meal that would be just that, something I wouldn’t, and couldn’t make for myself.
- Sunday: More Take-Out from P.F. Chang’s: Crab Wontons, Sesame Chicken, and Mongolian Beef with Garlic Snap Peas. Birthday cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory: S’mores and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - The best part about Chinese food and take-out is that there is almost always leftovers.
- Monday: Chicken Paprikash over Egg Noodles – I really had no idea what to make this evening, but knew, as always, I had staples in the pantry an chicken in the freezer. I settled on this dish from Annie’s Eats‘, because I was also starting a cold, and the idea of savory chicken over egg noodles sounded perfect. To my pleasant surprise, we all loved it, though Carter noted that the spicy chicken needed an extra glass of milk. This was a perfect weeknight dish for a cold Wisconsin night.
- Tuesday: Blue Cheese Chopped Salads with Peppered Pecans and Spiced Chicken Tenders - I am loving this combination of peppery candied pecans and salty blue cheese, and, thankfully, so does Jim. When we have dinners like these, Carter has his veggies in stick form with dip on the side since he “doesn’t care for” lettuce.