August 12, 2010
Fun to say and good to eat. Seriously. Say it 5 times fast.
Now, think of all of the great things backed into the salad, and all of the fat, calories, and processed items that aren’t.
You smiled again, didn’t you?
We really liked this recipe from Cate’s World Kitchen, which is good, as it will be my lunch for a few days. The only thing that we didn’t care for, but I still left in the recipe below, was the mint. Just didn’t care for it. I’m not a big fan of mint in any form other than ice creams and desserts, but I know from the popularity of the mojito, that I am in the minority, so if you like it, keep it in, if not, no worries, it will still be a great dish.
- 1 ½ cup Bulgur
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 4 Scallions, chopped
- 15 fresh mint leaves, optional, chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. As soon as it boils, remove it from the heat and stir in the bulgur. Let stand covered for 30 minutes.
- Fluff the bulgur with a fork, then transfer to a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients. Chill 20-30 minutes before serving.
Servings – 8
WW Points – 1 pt per ¾ cup